Although most Covid19 restrictions have now been lifted there is still a large number of cases being reports, therefore we are still adhering to the following precautions in line with Public Health England and our regulator’s recommendations:
- Patients are asked arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to their appointment to minimize the amount of people in the clinic at one time .
- Patients are encouraged to enter the clinic alone unless they need assistance.
- On entry, everyone’s temperature is taken with an infrared (non-contact) thermometer.
- Everyone is asked to sanitizes their hands on entry.
- Appointment times are spaced out to reducing the number of people in the building at any time and allow time for cleaning surfaces between treatments.
- If possible wear clothing that doesn’t require getting changed into a gown, we know for some this isn’t possible, which is fine, they can use changing cubicle as before.
- Social distancing is practised by staff and patients everywhere except during hands-on treatment.
- Patients are asked to bring a mask to wear during their appointment unless exempt.
- Air purifiers have been installed in treatment rooms and reception, these filter out very small particles including pollen and toxic vapours and kill bacteria and viruses with UV light, they purify all the air in the treatment rooms 3-4 times an hour.
- The treatment bench, equipment and surfaces are wiped down between each appointment.
- Chiropractors wear a mask during treatment.
All these measures reduce the risk of infection but this risk is not zero. Each patient is asked to sign a consent form agreeing to expose themselves to this low risk if they choose to attend the clinic in order to receive some treatment.