What will your first visit to Newland Chiropractic Clinic involve?
New patient form
Once you have booked your initial appointment you will receive an email form to complete. This is quite an in depth form which takes about 10/15 minutes. It will cover injuries, diseases and treatments you have or have had previously. If you do not have an email address you can download and complete this form before you visit.
Your Chiropractor will ask more about your condition(s) and listen closely to your answers. You will be asked questioned about your past medical history and overall health.
Treatment can be given whilst you are wearing clothing, preferably light weight such as gym wear, vest t-shirt and shorts. We do have gowns if you prefer and changing rooms are provided. A variety of tests are performed to ascertain the cause of your condition, these are not painful. Relevant tests will be redone during subsequent treatments to see how much better you are. If required, we can refer you for X-Rays, MRI scans and other tests.
Report of findings
Your Chiropractor will tell you what is causing your condition, often using models of the body to help you understand and visualise how your body is working. He/she will tell you:
- The likelihood that Chiropractic treatment will help you.
- How long it is going to take and how much better he/she expects you will be.
This is your Treatment Plan
- If another type of treatment; surgery, injections etc. is more suitable for you.
- Any risks or side effects associated with treatment.
- What you can do to help yourself e.g. stretching, rehabilitation exercises, activities you should avoid and lifestyle changes including diet that may aid healing or prevent a relapse.
- The likely outcome of having no treatment.
- You are not obliged to have treatment. Please ask as many questions as you wish, we want you to understand your condition.
Treatment will be tailored to your needs and will involve some of the therapies described in our Treatments section as well as often including exercises and lifestyle recommendations.